The firm's clients can rely on long-standing local legal experience (over 20 years) combined with in-depth practical transaction know-how in both locations where the firm is present. Through a long established international network (CBBL), the firm has reliable cooperation partners in all Asian markets. Clients benefit from multi-jurisdictional experience of the firm's partners in common law and civil law jurisdictions. The firm has negotiated commercial deals in almost all Asian countries.
When setting up RESPONDEK & FAN, the founding partner Dr. Andreas Respondek had already worked with many external law firms during his time as Managing Director/Regional Managing Director in various parts of Asia. His goal was to focus on the positive experiences he had and further improve them while avoiding all aspects that he perceived as negative when employing external law firms.
Why Respondek & Fan
- Extensive regional experience helps clients implement deals faster
- Cost effective
- Extensive legal and management experience allows better understanding of client needs
- Uniquely qualified to master clients’ legal problems through dual legal qualifications in common and civil law
- Clear solutions for practical implementation
- Guided lobbying efforts and assisted major European company in amending the Malaysian food import laws and regulations
- Led negotiations regarding "plasticizer issue" for major flavor and fragrance company with Chinese authorities in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou (MOH, Gong An etc) under involvement of European embassy
- Negotiated major product liability settlement in Bangladesh for European company
- Headed / coordinated legal teams in Jakarta and Singapore to defend major European company against multimillion dollar damage lawsuits
- Set up data processing center for major European airline in Thailand with Board of Investment privileges